Job Announcement: Health Policy Manager
Health Policy Manager
The HIV+Hepatitis Policy Institute is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization incorporated in the District of Columbia whose mission is to promote quality and affordable healthcare for people living with or at risk of HIV, hepatitis, and other serious and chronic health conditions. We are seeking a Health Policy Manager to help fulfill our policy goals to increase access and affordability of PrEP for the prevention of HIV and ensure patient access to healthcare and treatment for those with private insurance, Medicaid, and Medicare.
The Health Policy Manager will be responsible for assisting in federal policy and advocacy efforts to develop and implement a national program to expand access and affordability of PrEP for the prevention of HIV. Such a program will focus on increasing community and provider outreach along with ways to pay for PrEP and associated services, including those who are uninsured and underinsured. Additionally, the individual will assist in the organization’s policy and advocacy work as it addresses issues that impact patient access and affordability by various payers, including private insurance, Medicaid, and Medicare. Due to the importance of prescription medications to people living with HIV and hepatitis, along with those at risk of HIV, the principal area of focus will be on access to prescription drugs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct policy research and draft regulatory and legislative comments, and correspondence with policymakers.
- Monitor and track legislation and administrative activity, and advocate on issues affecting HIV, including PrEP, and prescription drug access and affordability at the US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the White House.
- Monitor and track activities and advocate before entities that impact coverage, access, and affordability of PrEP and other prescription drugs including state Medicaid programs, private insurers, PBMs, US Preventive Service Task Force, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, ICER, and others.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with other HIV organizations, patient advocacy organizations, and other partners.
- Build coalitions, participate in coalition meetings, and attend relevant events and meetings.
- Participate in and lead meetings with Congressional and Executive Branch staff.
- Support public relations activities related to issue areas.
- Monitor scientific advancements in PrEP and other drug innovations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in health policy, political science, or related fields.
- A minimum of 8 years of health policy and government relations experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, and Medicare along with an understanding of HIV care, treatment, and prevention, and the federal programs that impact them.
- Ability to work with communities most impacted by HIV and a passion for leading positive change.
- Congressional and/or regulatory agency experience or prior work with a patient community organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, along with interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and judgment.
This new position is remote, although very strong preference for the person to be in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Reports to the Executive Director.
HIV+Hepatitis Policy Institute offers a generous benefits package, including a retirement match and employer-paid health insurance, including vision and dental, paid vacation and sick days, computer and telephone. Salary Range: $100,000–$130,000 (depending on experience and qualifications).
HIV+Hepatitis Policy Institute is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from those communities most impacted by HIV in the United States.
Please email a cover letter and resume to HR@HIVHep.org with your name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Applications open until position filled.
Posted February 10, 2022